Use of prosthetics and latex for make-up in a forthcoming Bengali film could be a trendsetter for future projects in West Bengal’s regional film industry, says actor Saswata Chatterjee of ‘Kahaani’ fame.
In ‘Bonku Babu’, the 40-something actor – who garnered critical acclaim for the role of contract killer Bob Biswas in ‘Kahaani’ – plays a 70-year-old man.
The special make-up was done by Bollywood’s popular make-up man Dhananjay Prajapati.
“In Bengali films we do not see such kind of make-up, so our artists are not used to it. But if the trend stays on, and the demand for such work increases then our artists will also do the job well,” Chatterjee said Tuesday while promoting the film.
Chatterjee had to go through an elaborate three-hour make-up ritual each day to get into the character of a patriarch of a joint family.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Produced by Ashtami Films, the movie directed by debutant Anindya Bikas Datta is slated for release June 20.