Use of prosthetics and latex for make-up in a forthcoming Bengali film could be a trendsetter for future projects in West Bengal’s regional film industry, says actor Saswata Chatterjee of ‘Kahaani’ fame.
In ‘Bonku Babu’, the 40-something actor – who garnered critical acclaim for the role of contract killer Bob Biswas in ‘Kahaani’ – plays a 70-year-old man.
The special make-up was done by Bollywood’s popular make-up man Dhananjay Prajapati.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“In Bengali films we do not see such kind of make-up, so our artists are not used to it. But if the trend stays on, and the demand for such work increases then our artists will also do the job well,” Chatterjee said Tuesday while promoting the film.
Chatterjee had to go through an elaborate three-hour make-up ritual each day to get into the character of a patriarch of a joint family.
Produced by Ashtami Films, the movie directed by debutant Anindya Bikas Datta is slated for release June 20.