Telugu superstar Mahesh Babu has been getting laurels for his performance in the recently released action-drama ‘Srimanthudu’ from all quarters. But appreciation from his actor-father G. Krishna made him emotional.
“The last one week has been very special. Everybody has been saying ‘Srimanthudu’ is the best film of my career. After watching the film, dad told me that he’s never seen me perform like this. I just couldn’t stop myself from crying,” Mahesh told IANS.
Directed by Koratala Siva, the film opened to good numbers, raking in over Rs.100 crore in its first week worldwide.
Mahesh is tasting success after two back-to-back failures. How does he feel about it?
“It hasn’t sunk in yet. I think it will take time for me to even cherish this success. More than the monetary success, I was satisfied as an actor. It’s funny there’s a dialogue in the film that goes, ‘Let me also earn my respect’. It feels nice to have earned that,” he said.
On the film’s success, he commented: “Telugu audience love cinema. They won’t let a good film down and they’ve proved this with the way they accepted ‘Srimanthudu’.”
- Mahesh Babu receives a pleasant surprise from his young fan in the US
- Bharath Ane Nenu audio teaser: Mahesh Babu takes oath as CM of Andhra Pradesh
- ‘Srimanthudu’, ‘Rangitaranga’ win laurels at IIFA Utsavam
- Mahesh Babu gifts swanky car to ‘Srimanthudu’ director Koratala Siva
- Mahesh Babu starrer ‘Srimanthudu’ producers to team up with director again
- ‘Srimanthudu’ starring Shruti Haasan, Mahesh Babu opens to positive response
Mahesh also said he is indebted to director Siva for this success.
“Srimanthudu” is the first film Mahesh has showed his children.
“My son Gautham usually doesn’t watch my films. But he watched ‘Srimanthudu’ in the theatre. My daughter Sitara, who is too young to watch films, managed to watch it. She can sing all the songs from the film,” he added.