The trailer of Kaashmora has been viewed more than 4 million times and counting since its release on YouTube. The special effects in the film have left a mark on all its viewers and ratcheted up the expectations of the audience.
The film travels back and forth between the present and the past. The historical portions of the film only lasts for 30 minutes. However, the makers say that a lot of detailing has gone into making the grand sets, after they watched S S Rajamouli’s Baahubali
Talking to an entertainment portal, actor Karthi said that the shooting for Kaashmora began two days prior to release of Baahbuali. After watching the film, they realised that Rajamoili’s film has raised the stakes in making period films in the country.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“The film was a big inspiration for us,” Karthi was quoted as saying by IndiaGlitz.
Kaashmora did not have the budget like Baahubali. The makers had to deliver top-notch visual effects within the budget of Rs 50-60 crore. It took about two years for the makers to complete the film.
While actors of his age are busy doing more than one film a year, Karthi devoted about two years for Kaashmora. And the young actor seems to have no regrets about that. He said that the entire team behind Kaashmora would feel rewarded for their hard work and time when the audience appreciate the film.
Karthi will play three different characters in the film. The first look of his titular role, Kaashmora and his period role, Raj Nayak were revealed by the makers. However, the details of his third chracter will be kept as a surprise until the film’s theatrical release. The film also has Nayanthara, who is also said to be playing multiple roles in the film.
Her first look as sword-wielding Ratna Mahadevi became a big hit with the moviegoers. Sri Divya will be playing another female lead in the film.
Kaashmora is a multi-genre period film with elements of horror, comedy and action. The film is directed by Gokul. Its music has been scored by Santhosh Narayanan. The film is slated for a Diwali release.