Producer Vijay, who is upbeat about backing his filmmaker-mentor Priyadarshan‘s next yet-untitled Tamil directorial, says composer A.R. Rahman is yet to be approached to compose the movie’s background score.
“This project is very close to my mentor Priyadarshan sir’s heart. Right now, he is busy with script work and we only plan to approach Rahman sir after we complete the film. If he likes the film, he will compose the background score,” Vijay said in a statement.
The project reunites the team behind National Award winning Tamil drama “Kanchivaram”, which featured Prakash Raj and Sriya Reddy in the lead roles.
The film, which will go on the floors on August 10, will focus on AIDS awareness. Priyadarshan has assured that the film is going to be hilarious.
- Vijay's Mersal deals with corruption in India's medical industry. Read synopsis
- Mohanlal and Priyadarshan to reunite for a multilingual project
- A R Rahman on his music piece The Flying Lotus: It's an impression of the rise of India
- Mersal teaser: Biggest reveals of Vijay's characters we bet you missed
- Mani Ratnam's next with Jyothika, Simbu, Vijay Sethupathy to roll from January
- Mersal: Vijay is an incredible actor and awesome magician, says Gogo Requiem
The story revolves around eight characters that come to a pathology laboratory at 9 a.m. to give their blood for an AIDS test.
“The events between then and till 5 p.m. when they get their result, is the story of the film. Be assured that everyone can have a hearty laugh till almost the end,” Priyadarshan told IANS.
Award winning maverick cameraman Santosh Sivan would be wielding the camera for the film, and popular art director Sabu Cyril is on board, along with Beena Paul who would be the editor.