Filmmaker r Anurag Kashyap, who was last seen in a menacing role in A.R. Murugadoss-directed Akira, will be making his Tamil debut with upcoming action-thriller, Imaikaa Nodigal.
“I am Rudra. Here’s the news guys. I’ve signed a Tamil film titled Imaikaa Nodigal, a nail biting thriller with Nayanthara and Atharvaa,” Kashyap shared on his Twitter page on Saturday.
He will play the antagonist in the film.
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
To be directed by Ajay Gnanamuthu, the film stars Atharvaa and Raashi Khanna in the lead. Nayanthara will be seen in a pivotal role.
The project will be bankrolled by Cameo Films and will have music by Hip Hop Tamizha.
Interestingly, Ajay is the erstwhile assistant of Murugadoss.
It is not just the audience who is quite impressed with the actor side of the very talented director Anurag Kashyap. The director, who is known for his dark-themed films like Raman Raghav and Dev D, has tried his hands on acting and has been hailed for it. While till now he appeared only in a few Hindi films, now the director might make his debut in Tamil industry. The director has been approached by Tamil filmmaker Ajay Gnanamuthu for a negative role in a film.
Reportedly Sonakshi Sinha had said that Anurag must think upon taking up acting as a full fledged career. Apart from Akira, Anurag also appeared in films like Luck By Chance, Dev D and Black Friday. In 2015, he co-produced two commercially successful films, Hunterrr, NH10 and the critically acclaimed Masaan. As a producer, Anurag Kashyap recently worked on his first regional film called Wrong Side Raju. The film was an Indian Gujarati thriller drama directed by Mikhil Musale.
With IANS inputs