South actress Laxmi Raai, who made her Bollywood debut with Sonakshi Sinha starrer “Akira”, says filmmaker-turned-actor Anurag Kashyap is a good actor and he must concentrate on his acting career.
In the A R Murugadoss-directed “Akira”, Laxmi played the role of Maya, the love interest of the character played by Anurag Kashyap.
Laxmi and Sonakshi did not have any scenes together, but she is all praise for the dedication and hard work of the Dabangg actress.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“I had scenes with Anurag. It’s a delight to work with him. Not many people have seen his acting skills. He is a killer performer. I told him that he is a better actor and he should focus more on acting,” Laxmi told PTI.
“Now, we have become good friends. ‘Akira’ has done a lot for me as I have met some good people while working on the film,” she added.
Though Laxmi did not have any action sequences in the movie, she found the scene where she is killed hard.
“The only scene where I struggled was the one where I get killed, before which I get hanged. I was bruised since I shot the scene for a long time. That was the toughest thing that I have ever done,” she said.
“Since it was quite a sensitive one, Anurag was like, ‘How can I beat you’ and all of that and we had to do several retakes. It took him a while to warm up for that scene,” she added.
Initially, Laxmi was not keen on doing “Akira” but she came on board as she feels it had a strong message.
“When I met Murugadoss sir, he explained that it’s a women-centric film and there’s no hero in it but there are good talented actors. In fact, the story starts because of my role. I did it purely for Murugadoss sir,” she adds.
The 26-year-old actress is quite elated with the response of this action drama film that hit cinema houses on September 2.