Looking for information about our favourite celebrities online may be a risky task. The security firm, McAfee has published its annual list of names to highlight the potential online risks surrounding celebrity interest.
Darling star Nikki Galrani has topped this year’s list of most searched Kollywood celebrities, according to the survey. She has replaced Amala Paul, who held the first place in the last year’s list. Meanwhile, actors Thala Ajith and Nayanthara have also made their debut in the new list.
According to McAfee, the listed celebrities are being used as a bait to lure the unsuspecting online users to click on vicious links, which lets the cybercriminals break into the users’ device and steal, passwords and personal details.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Nikki is among the top leading female actors in the South. She made her acting debut in Malayalam film 1983 , which besides winning prestigious awards, also became a commercial success. She instantly clicked with the masses with her performance in Tamil horror-comedy Darling, in which she shared screen space with music composer-turned-actor GV Prakash.
Nikki is part of some much-awaited films, including Motta Siva Ketta Siva, Kadavul Irukan Kumaru, Neruppu Da and Maragatha Naanayam.
The list of most sensational celebrities is mainly dominated by female actors, including Nayanthara, Madonna Sebastian, Parvathy, who hold second, third and fourth positions respectively. Interestingly, this year Ajith has made it to the list and holds the fifth spot.
Every year, the cyber security firm conducts research and publishes a list of celebrities with the highest risk percentage. According to its 2016 list, Nikki’s online risk percentage is 9.17 per cent, Nayanthara’s 8.50 per cent, Madonna Sebastian’s 8.17 per cent, Parvathy’s 7.67 per cent and Ajith’s 7.33 per cent.
“We frequently go online to read up on them, download the latest movie or song or check out their public appearances. And that’s what the cyber criminals capitalise on – they understand the yearning for having celebrity information on the go and make use of it to introduce malware into the user’s devices,” a post quoted on McAfee’s official blog.
Last year, Amala Paul, Arya, Suriya, Vijay and Amy Jackson had featured in the list.