Actress Aishwarya Dutta, who was seen in last week’s Tamil actioner “Paayum Puli”, will be playing one of the leads in the yet-untitled Tamil remake of Malayalam blockbuster “Memories”.
“Aishwarya has been signed as one of the heroines. Nikki Galrani may play the main lead,” a source from the film’s unit told IANS.
The project, starring Arulnithi in the lead role, will go on the floors in October.
- Anushka Shetty may play Jyothika’s role in Naachiyaar remake
- Jyothika to star in Tamil remake of Vidya Balan’s Tumhari Sulu?
- Nagarjuna to star in Dhanush’s second directorial?
- Its official! Samantha Akkineni to star in Tamil and Telugu remakes of U-Turn
- Aishwarya Dutta now in female-centric film
- ‘Paayum Puli’ release stalled
To be directed by Arivazhagan, the remake will be produced by Thenandal Films, the production house behind Tamil blockbusters such as “Kanchana 2” and “Baahubali”.
Directed by Jeethu Joseph, “Memories” is the story of a drunkard policeman, played by Prithviraj, who is forced to investigate a series of murders.