Ulaganayagan Kamal Haasan seems to have some exciting new films in store for his fans next year. The buzz is that the Vishwaroopam actor will join hands with veteran Tamil filmmakers for a project that will be produced under a prestigious banner.
According to an Indiaglitz report, Kamal has green-lit an AVM project, which will be directed by Moulee. The report claimed that the film has been titled ‘Meyyappan’, in tribute to AVM founder AV Meyappa Chettiar. However, an official confirmation of the said project is awaited.
Previously, Kamal and Moulee have worked together in super hit films in various capacities. In 2002, Moulee had directed Kamal in Pammal K Sambandam, a super hit comedy film, which was written by Crazy Mohan. The following year, Kamal co-authored the screenplay for Nala Damayanthi, which was directed by Moulee with Madhavan in the lead role.
Meanwhile, Kamal’s forthcoming project is called Sabash Naidu. The trilingual comedy film is directed by Kamal, who is also playing the title role in the film. He plays a RAW agent in the film called Balram Naidu, a spin off of one his popular characters from 2008 film Dasavatharam.
Earlier this year, the shooting for the film was stopped after Kamal suffered a fracture in his leg in a fall from his office stairs. The shoot, however, is expected to resume soon.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
Sabash Naidu is co-produced by Kamal in association with Lyca Productions. The film will be simultaneously shot in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi. And it stars the actor’s daughter Shruti Haasan, along with Brahmanandam, Ramya Krishnan and Saurabh Shukla in pivotal roles. Music maestro Ilayaraja will score music for the film.