Popular Tamil actor Vijay’s latest release Thalaivaa was stalled in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry even as the movie has already hit the screens worldwide.
The movie,slated for release today,hit a block in the last minute following objections by a man called Karnan,hailing from Tirunelveli in the state,who claims the movie was based on the life of his grandfather S S Kandaswamy and his father S K Ramaswamy who live in Dharavi in Mumbai.
A few theatres in Chennai also received bomb threats from a little known outfit Tamil Nadu Oppressed Students Revolutionary Force,who supported the arguments of Karnan,
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
prompting the theatre owners to cancel bookings,which began on Wednesday.
To those who booked tickets over the counter were asked to
come to the theatre and collect their money. Refund for tickets booked online would be done directly to their account,
sources in theatre owner’s association has said.
“Discussions between theatre owners association and the
government officials were progressing for the release of the
movie,” they said.
The movie was expected to hit around 500 theatres in Tamil
Nadu and Puducherry. While popular Sathyam theatre in Chennai has cancelled the booking for the film. AGS Cinemas said “due to unavoidable reasons,Thalaiva movie has been cancelled. We will update about the release shortly.”
Social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter were abuzz with the same.
The movie’s official webpage said,”We can update about Thalaivaa release in Tamil Nadu only after we get some updates. Be patient. Thanks for all your support”.
The lead actress in the movie Amala Paul tweeted,”Praying
along with the whole unit and Vijay fans that Thalaivaa will hit the big screen soon.”
The movie’s music director G V Prakash Kumar added,”Hope
the Government will understand and give us permission to release Thalaivaa in Tamil Nadu.”
National award winning actor Dhanush extended his support
to the movie saying,”What happened to Thalaivaa is unfair. I wish they show this kind of effort in making this country a better place to live than just to ban a film.”
Meanwhile,police said they did not play any role in the
delay of the release of Thalaiva.
Responding to certain media reports that the movie was
stalled in Tamil Nadu because of police intervention,DGP K
Ramanujam said,”It is not true. The Police department does
not have any role in the delay in releasing the movie. It is all related to the film industry. Police did not give any advice or guidance to anybody for postponing the release of the movie”,he said in a statement.