Popular Tamil star Ajith Kumar underwent septoplasty and functional endoscopic sinus surgery on Tuesday at a private hospital here.
In a statement, his publicist said the surgery was performed by an ENT specialist on Tuesday morning, and that Ajith is recovering well.
Septoplasty is a surgical procedure to correct a deviated nasal septum wherein one’s nasal septum is straightened and repositioned in the middle of the nose. Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) is a surgical treatment of sinusitis and nasal polyps, including bacterial, fungal, recurrent acute, and chronic sinus.
- Viswasam actor Ajith flaunts new hairdo
- Suseenthiran: Like Ashok Kumar, Ajith was harassed by Anbu Chezhiyan
- Ajith undergoes surgery after sustaining shoulder injury during Vivegam shoot
- Thala Ajith's silver jubilee: 5 reasons why Vivegam star will dominate next 25 years in Tamil cinema
- Ajith undergoes surgery, advised three months rest
- Actor Ajith to undergo knee, shoulder surgery
The actor, who was recently blessed with a son, is expected is start working on his next yet-untitled Tamil project with Siva soon.
Ajith’s last release “Yennai Arindhaal” has turned out to be a successful venture. Talks are on to resume work on a sequel.