Director Gautham Menon started Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada with Simbu and Manjima Mohan in 2013. After shooting a significant portion of the film, the director received an offer he couldn’t refuse: an opportunity to direct Thala Ajith. So his film with Simbu was put on hold as Gautham set out to complete his police trilogy with Ajith titled Yennai Arindhaal.
The shooting for the Simbu-starrer was resumed last year and is now all set to open in theatres worldwide on Friday. Gautham revealed that when he started the project with Simbu, he had a tough time getting the required financial support for the shooting. However, the film’s Telugu version, which has Naga Chaitanya in the lead, came in handy while raising money for the film.
All of a sudden the tables have turned around for AYM in Kollywood. Just days before the release, the film began receiving an unexpected attention from the trade. The buzz around the film is also positive, which is likely to translate into good theatrical collections as the film has no major rival at the box office this week. So much so that the film will hit more than 90 screens in the USA, which is the biggest release for a Simbu film.
Also read | Simbu-Gautham Menon film is already a winner
We are also excited about the release of Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada and here are the five reasons for it.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
1) Gautham’s attempt at commercial film
The Kaakha Kaakha director has helmed films with the leading actors of south India and has given many hits and a few box office flops too. He is reputed as a filmmaker for a niche audience, but some of his films have heroes doing things that make mass audience burst into claps and cheers. He can give seasoned commercial filmmakers a run for their money.
Gautham has said that in AYM he has consciously made an attempt to cater to a mass audience but without going overboard.
2) Gautham and Simbu
Gautham and Simbu enjoy a certain level of comfort working together and it translates into their work. Have you forgotten 2010 film Vinnaithandi Varuvaya? The film was a surprise package and became a box office smash. No other director is better than Gautham in conceiving an urban-based romantic story, and no other actor who can depict Gautham’s thoughts on the big screen so well than Simbu.
3) ig release for Simbu
Simbu’s acting career has been going through a rough patch for a couple of years now. The actor who is prone to getting into trouble due to his habit of calling a spade a spade, AYM might just give him a much-needed break that he wants at this point. And the date November 11 just might be a lucky date for Simbu. 12 years back, he released his crime thriller Manmadhan on the same date and it was a big box office success. Will AYM also be a box office hit? Well, will know that in a few hours.
6) Good omen
Historically, Gautham’s super hit films face delay due to various unknown reasons. For example, Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu or Yennai Arindhaal, both films with big movie stars in the lead, Kamal Haasan and Ajith respectively, faced a delay in releasing but when they hit the screens they kept the cash registers ringing at the box office. AYM is also another much-delayed Gautham project.
5) A R Rahman music
After six years we get to see the collaboration of Gautham, Simbu and Rahman unfold on the big screen. The songs in VTV added layers to the slick narration of the film. And there is no doubt that Rahman’s music will elevate Gautham’s storytelling and Simbu’s acting to another level. The film’s song album is already a big hit with the audience, especially Thalli Pogathey. Rahman’s music for AYM captured the hearts of the young audience and it is the main reason for the buzz around the film’s release, despite such a long delay.
Talking at a press meet recently, Gautham said that Thalli Pogathey will come as a surprise for the audience as the director feels that it is the “best picturised song in a long time.”