Uncertainty hovered over the release of much-delayed Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada until the last minute due to some financial issues. However, the makers of the romantic thriller managed to resolve the problems and dispatched the KDMs (Key Delivery Message) across the theatres to screen the film as scheduled.
Director Gautham Menon thanked his friends in Kollywood for their help in releasing the film. He said director Lingusamy stepped in and provided his support at a crucial time.
“Thank you for stepping in to help release the film at the nth hour. Really grateful @dirlingusamy. Brotherhood in the film industry exists,” he tweeted. “Thank you Mr. Jaswant Chand Bhandari Tirupur Subramaniam sir We are grateful for your support and guidance and that too at 2AM for #AYM,” he added.
Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada released on Friday worldwide to positive reviews from the media. It hit 600 plus screens in India and 90 plus screens in the USA, which marks the biggest ever release for a Simbu film there. According to reports, distributors and exhibitors are showing interest to increase the screen count and shows for AYM.
While filmmakers in other languages have delayed the release due to the demonetisation of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes, the makers of AYM were not ready to postpone its theatrical release any further. Despite the shortage of higher value currency notes, the film has taken a good start at the Tamil Nadu box office. The film has dominated big screens at Sathyam, Santham, Devi and Devi Paradise in Chennai.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
While the actual first-day box office numbers are yet to trickle in, the film is expected to rake in a good money due to the positive buzz around it. The new Simbu-starrer will also fare well at the box office in coming days, given that it has received positive reviews and this week there were no other big releases in Tamil.
Just days ahead of the release, AYM received a good response from the trade and the filmmakers also stepped up their promotional activities. Academy Award-winner AR Rahman’s music and the popularity of Simbu-Gautham combination have worked in favour of the film from the business standpoint. The actor-director duo in 2010 delivered romantic blockbuster titled Vinnaithandi Varuvaya. AYM, meanwhile, took the biggest opening in Kerala with more than 70 screens, a first in Simbu’s career, thanks to the success of Vinnaithandi Varuvay.