Last time when Sonam Kapoor sat on Karan Johar’s couch, she had Deepika Padukone for company.
Together they poked and nudged Ranbir Kapoor with some not-so-flattering barbs. And as we know, when two girls team up to bring a boy down, (then boy-ohboy), the boy never stands a chance. To give him due credit, Ranbir Kapoor took it all on the chin and grinned it away. Even though his father Rishi Kapoor took offence, Ranbir played it cool. He even signed the peace treaty with his ex and together they acted in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani. The only instance where he let his guard down, that too, in a very classy way was when he told Karan he would cast Sonam and Deepika in Mean Girls.
Well this is Bollywood where equations change sooner than the time it takes to say Instant Noodles. This time Deepika made an appearance with Priyanka Chopra on Koffee with Karan. Sonam accompanied her father Anil Kapoor and seemed to carry forward the vibe of her last appearance. This time Ranbir was spared and on target was her ex-couch mate Deepika. The claws were out and Sonam made no attempt to hide them. She tore into Deepika’s style sense and declared: “Deepika doesn’t have her own style.” When Karan asked her to name a good-girl-gone-bad, she named Deepika. The clincher was of course when Karan asked her what is the one thing Deepika Padukone has that she doesn’t and Sonam replied, “An over-enthusiastic PR team.” Interestingly, till a few days ago Deepika and Sonam were handled by the same PR agency but now Sonam has moved to another agency. By the way, Sonam has bagged Sooraj Barjatya’s Salman Khan-starrer Ram Ratan Dhan Payo for which Deepika was in contention but was unable to accommodate it because she didn’t have the required dates.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sonam’s Koffee… episode aired on Sunday night but everyone’s still talking about it. In an industry which is becoming increasingly boring by the day — this is bound to happen when image consultants, publicists and managers take over the star machinery completely, micromanage him/her to the extent of robbing their real personality, which is why everyone sounds oh-so-polite, fake and boring — Sonam’s candour with the extra bit of bite has not gone unnoticed. Online trolls are going after her with a vengeance. Deepika fans are tearing into her on Twitter, Facebook and well, even Instagram. Industry is having a little bitchfest of its own. A leading female actor and Sonam and Deepika’s contemporary shared her takeaway from Sunday night with me. “I don’t know why people are shocked with what was said on the show.
Everyone knows that if you can bitch with her, then you can bitch about her.” Mean Girls, alright.
Watch the video: