We had great expectations from Sony’s brand new ‘game changer’, Yudh. After all, Amitabh Bachchan is the leading man in the series and navigating him through this ‘war’ are none other than new age, new wave masters of cinema, Anurag Kashyap and Shoojit Sircar. But, the latter two are masters of the big screen, not the small screen that feeds and flourishes on fast paced entertainment. After the first week, it is yet to crack the shell.
Usually the first few episodes of a TV series are supposed to hook the audience. But Yudh lags behind in pace and comes out looking sluggish. The story of an upright construction magnate Yudhishter Sikarwar (Bachchan) diagnosed with a life-threatening neuropsychological disorder, Big B is the centrepiece of the show. So much so, the other characters seem to lose their screen space in comparison to the actor.
So far, we’ve been acquainted Yudh’s two wives (Sarika and Ayesha Raza), daughter (Aahana Kumara) and son (Pavail Gulati), his right-hand-man Anand (Zakir Hussain), his PR officer (Mona Wasu), an ageing godfather, a corrupt commissioner (Kay Kay Menon), and a fresh-out-of-jail brother-in-law, among others. We’ve also been over exposed to Bachchan — his personality, disease, dilemmas, power, plans to make a health institute and settle his son in the newly-acquired mining business. Set in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, and moving into the badlands of the State, the show could’ve been so much more.
We are saying that because Kashyap floored us with Gangs of Wasseypur. The close-up shots feel claustrophobic, the dialogues are average and the music falls flat. The so-called plots and sub-plots that are intrinsic to a psychological thriller are yet to be seen.
In addition to this, one would really want to see the other characters contributing to the narrative a lot more. In the meantime, we hope the second week pumps in some much need action. Jaskiran Kapoor
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More