Oops, she did it again. At a recent media interaction, Kareena Kapoor once again displayed her spirit of generosity. When asked about her penchant for leaving acclaimed film projects, she retorted, “I feel honoured and glad to give work to other people. I hope they (other actresses) become stars as I have rejected big films.”
Maybe she’s just sick of defending her script choices — it will take her a while to live down her decision to walk out of Goliyon Ki Raasleela: Ram Leela and choose Gori Tere Pyaar Mein and Satyagraha instead — but Kareena is surely not getting the Miss Congeniality award anytime soon.
Recently it came into the tabloids that she was the first choice for Queen and she (true to form) rejected the film.
While filmmaker Vikas Bahl maintains “Kangna Ranaut was the first and last choice for Queen”, Kareena’s camp insists otherwise. Whatever be the truth, it makes you wonder who is advising Kareena if she’s saying No to such amazing stuff. I mean, who in their right mind can nix Queen? It’s practically a love letter to every girl out there.
Kareena is at a crucial juncture in her career. Currently Singham 2 is the only film she is attached to. The ambitious time travel reincarnation saga Shuddhi with Hrithik Roshan isn’t happening anymore. Buzz is rife that Deepika Padukone has been roped in for the film while the hunt for the male lead is still underway. Kareena’s other big-ticket project, Bombay Samurai has been delayed because of Farhan Akhtar’s unavailability.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
While the trade is busy writing her career obit, Kareena’s track record and undeniable talent cannot be ignored.
She is no stranger to this phase. She was written off after all her big films flopped but she came back with films such as Chameli, Jab We Met, and Omkara. Kareena doesn’t need to do every project. She has spoken about how she’s enjoying her married life with husband Saif Ali Khan but she’s also said that she’ll continue to act. She needs to get her act together, soon. And make the right choices. The new lot of girls — Parineeti Chopra, Alia Bhatt and Sonakshi Sinha are firing all guns. Deepika, Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma and Kangna are also doing noteworthy work. It’s an interesting time to be a leading lady. Kareena wouldn’t want to miss the bus. Maybe it’s time she paid heed to what filmmaker Anurag Kashyap advised her in Koffee with Karan: “Next time you should not ask who’s in the film, you should ask what is the film.”
And till then, Bebo, just stop attaching yourself to other people’s films. You are cooler than this. Just breathe and reboot.