It’s all quiet on the screen front. Save 2 States, which is maintaining its winning position at the Box-Office podium, no other film has clicked.
Kangna Ranaut’s affaire de coeur with all things Rani ended abruptly with the debacle of Revolver Rani. Subhash Ghai’s Kaanchi is hardly the redemption he was seeking. Rajeev Khandelwal’s Samrat & Co. is a washout. Bollywood films are also facing tough competition from the ongoing IPL and the riveting election drama being played out daily. No surprises then that the trade is in a tizzy.
Off screen though Bollywood is rocking. At the recent IIFA weekend event at Tampa Bay, Florida — the combined efforts of Deepika Padukone, Farhan Akhtar and Shahid Kapoor gave to the world a sight to behold. Our stars got the much-respected American actor Kevin Spacey to drape a sarong and do the Lungi Dance. Oh what a moment. Or not. Depending on your threshold for self-referencing jokes. Sure, it makes for great television but he’s Kevin Spacey. I could have lived without seeing him do our latka and thumka but well, that’s just me. Spacey quite enjoyed it as he said in an interview to E Online, “That was fun. I was delighted to be able to accommodate them. They said they wanted to teach me the dance and I said, ‘Sure,” he commented about his Bollywood dance debut.
You would think the ‘Spacey Lungi Moment’ would be the money shot for the IIFA event but you are wrong. Never underestimate the power of a selfie. Yes, that overused and overabused thingie that is taking the social media by storm. Shahid Kapoor had his Ellen Degeneres plus Bradley Cooper moment when he clicked an IIFA selfie with Spacey and other Bollywood celebs. Look, you have got to know this by now: everything that Hollywood does, Bollywood has to repeat.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Shahid, who co-hosted the main show with Farhan, had quite a hectic weekend. According to friends who attended the event, he came face to face with his ex girlfriend Kareena Kapoor who was called on the stage to present an award with her husband Saif Ali Khan. Kareena took the first step to break their post break up deep freeze when she greeted Farhan and Shahid with a, “Hi, how are you?” Shahid responded with a, “Fine, thank you Kareena.” When Kareena and Saif left the stage, Shahid quipped to Farhan, “Did she say Hi to me?”
This is what I admire about this young generation of actors. They have learnt the fine art of keeping the private separate from the personal. So, ex-lovers Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone dance to Badtameez dil at the NDTV event in New Delhi but before and after the event Deepika spent time with her current boyfriend Ranveer Singh. A day later, Ranbir is snapped with girlfriend Katrina Kaif after they visited their architect and interior designer. Rumours are rife that the couple will soon move in together.
If only the off-screen entertainment could translate on screen, we wouldn’t be parched of superhits.