First things first. Take a bow, Kangana Ranaut. Your guts are admirable. I have never ever seen or heard a female superstar decimating her male counterpart the way you did yesterday in front of a packed audience. ‘Why does a 43-year-old son need his father to rescue him from controversies’ – this terrific response of yours drew a thunderous applause from the masses and rightfully so.
It needs real guts to say something like this on a public podium amidst people who could also be fans of Hrithik Roshan. Your outspoken opinionated nature is a truly a rare trait in an industry where most other actresses practise diplomacy. Not many had the guts to call Salman Khan’s raped woman comment insensitive. You were the first A-lister actress to do so and others merely followed suit. You have the guts to decline films opposite male superstars because you don’t want to play second fiddle which speaks of your supreme self-confidence.
And as far as Hrithik is concerned, you have always given it back to the actor almost tearing down every single story of his with your uber strong rebuttals.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
This brings me to a conundrum that I have not been able to crack. It’s called the curious case of Kangana Ranaut’s admirable guts and Hrithik Roshan’s mysterious silence. In this David v/s Goliath fight, David aka Kangana has been winning every verbal battle hands down relegating Hrithik to a pall of silence every single time.
To every Hrithik’s covert action, there has been an equal, direct and more aggressive reaction from Kangana. And the actress has been doing that sans any visible powerful backing. The only support perhaps came from Vidya Balan who told me that she admired Kangana for standing up for herself.
And that is exactly what you need to do now Hrithik. Stand up for yourself. You have been silent since day one save for a few cryptic messages on Twitter and a couple of statements issued through your counsels. There has never been a direct response from your end on the Kangana saga.
At the music launch of Mohenjo Daro, I had asked you about having received little to no support from Bollywood in your battle against Kangana and your response was – you don’t need any support when you are walking the path of truth. Perhaps you are right. But then truth can’t be proved by staying silent. As Martin Luther King, Jr once said, “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” I feel your ‘dignified’ silence has now run its golden course and any more silence would only validate the saying- Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
It’s time to speak out regardless of how shocking the truth could be. And today should be an apt day to indulge in some Swachh Self Abhiyan and settle the matter once and for all so that life moves on in a controversy- free manner.