Shan Johnson (29), singer and daughter of famous Malayalam music composer Johnson who passed away in August 2011, was found dead in her Chennai apartment on February 5. Sources close to her family said she was working in Chennai and stayed at an apartment near Kodambakkam.
Shan was to travel to Kochi Saturday to prepare for her second marriage. Her first marriage was a failure and she had been legally separated.
A senior police officer said Shan’s mother Rani (55) was in Chennai and the two were to travel to Kochi together.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“We are told that she reached home around 9.30pm Thursday. Her mother is at a relative’s house in Mylapore,” an officer said. He added that when Shan did not respond to calls, her mother alerted one of her friends, who reached her apartment. When Shan did not open the door despite repeated attempts, police was alerted. “When we broke open the door, she was lying on the bed. There were no signs of a suicide. She has been suffering from health problems and was under medication. That could also be a reason for the sudden death,” he said. Police has registered a case of unnatural death and sent the body to Royapettah general hospital for postmortem.
Her father Johnson had composed songs for more than 300 Malayalam films and won several state and national awards.