Shan Johnson (29), singer and daughter of famous Malayalam music composer Johnson who passed away in August 2011, was found dead in her Chennai apartment on February 5. Sources close to her family said she was working in Chennai and stayed at an apartment near Kodambakkam.
Shan was to travel to Kochi Saturday to prepare for her second marriage. Her first marriage was a failure and she had been legally separated.
A senior police officer said Shan’s mother Rani (55) was in Chennai and the two were to travel to Kochi together.
“We are told that she reached home around 9.30pm Thursday. Her mother is at a relative’s house in Mylapore,” an officer said. He added that when Shan did not respond to calls, her mother alerted one of her friends, who reached her apartment. When Shan did not open the door despite repeated attempts, police was alerted. “When we broke open the door, she was lying on the bed. There were no signs of a suicide. She has been suffering from health problems and was under medication. That could also be a reason for the sudden death,” he said. Police has registered a case of unnatural death and sent the body to Royapettah general hospital for postmortem.
Her father Johnson had composed songs for more than 300 Malayalam films and won several state and national awards.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016