Ustad Hamid Ali Khan, renowned Pakistani classical singer, has lent his voice for the first time for a song in Bollywood film ‘Kya Dilli Kya Lahore’.
The 61-year-old ghazal singer recorded an emotional track ‘Kaleje mein lag jaati toh kya hota’ for Vijay Raaz’s directorial debut film, which deals with the subject of Indo-Pak partition.
The film is being presented by noted poet and lyricist Gulzar and will hit theatres on May 2.
“We recently met Ustad Hamid Ali Khan at an event that was held in Amritsar. When we requested him to record a song for our film, he readily agreed upon hearing that Gulzar Sahab is associated with the project,” said Sandesh Shandilya, the film’s music composer.
“It turns out that both of them share a very good equation. Soon after, he came down to Mumbai for two days and recorded the song, ‘Kaleje mein lag jaati toh kya hota’. It’s an emotional song that advocates putting humanity above border scuffles,” Shandilya added
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
Belonging to the Patiala gharana, Hamid is the son of Ustad Akhtar Hussein Khan and the youngest brother of singers, Bade Fateh Ali Khan and Amanat Ali Khan.
‘Bin Tere’ hitmaker Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan has also been roped in for other songs.