Saluting the ‘unsung heroes’ behind every successful show’, Indian Pop icon Usha Uthup says these humble craftsmen should be brought before the limelight.
The ‘Ami Sotti Bolchi’ crooner says, “While we the artistes are feted and applauded for our songs at the end of a show, those who set up the acoustics and lights and dismantle the props, remain unsung and unmentioned at the end.”
Usha was supported by several members of the artiste fraternity including percussionist Bickram Ghosh, popular band vocalist Surojit Chatterjee, Sidhu, singer Lopamudra Mitra, radio jockey-actor funnyman Mir and minister-playwright-actor Bratya Basu.
Congratulating event manager Stagecraft for sparing thoughts about the lowly placed labourers and technicians, the cult ‘Hari Om Hari’ singer says, “From the person in charge of illumination to the hair dresser and make up man we the artistes owe our public presence to them.”
“They are the real amazing actors. Not we, what we would have done without them!”, she said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Percussionist Bikram Ghosh said, “I would not have reached where I am sans the help of my core team of instrumentalists who helped me drumming up the subtle nuances of every taal and all credit goes to me.”
“I moot there are Stagecraft awards for these people – the technicians and foot soldiers – every year,” Usha said.