Saluting the ‘unsung heroes’ behind every successful show’, Indian Pop icon Usha Uthup says these humble craftsmen should be brought before the limelight.
The ‘Ami Sotti Bolchi’ crooner says, “While we the artistes are feted and applauded for our songs at the end of a show, those who set up the acoustics and lights and dismantle the props, remain unsung and unmentioned at the end.”
Usha was supported by several members of the artiste fraternity including percussionist Bickram Ghosh, popular band vocalist Surojit Chatterjee, Sidhu, singer Lopamudra Mitra, radio jockey-actor funnyman Mir and minister-playwright-actor Bratya Basu.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Congratulating event manager Stagecraft for sparing thoughts about the lowly placed labourers and technicians, the cult ‘Hari Om Hari’ singer says, “From the person in charge of illumination to the hair dresser and make up man we the artistes owe our public presence to them.”
“They are the real amazing actors. Not we, what we would have done without them!”, she said.
Percussionist Bikram Ghosh said, “I would not have reached where I am sans the help of my core team of instrumentalists who helped me drumming up the subtle nuances of every taal and all credit goes to me.”
“I moot there are Stagecraft awards for these people – the technicians and foot soldiers – every year,” Usha said.