Singer Udit Narayan struggled to find words to express his happiness when IndianExpress.com rang him up to congratulate on being awarded the Padma Bhushan.
“It feels like a dream. I really don’t know how to express my happiness. My friend called called me half an hour ago and asked me to switch on the television and that is how I learnt about this honour,” said Udit Narayan.
Udit Narayan thanked PM Modi and the Government Of India for considering him worthy of the honour. “I am honoured and humbled after being chosen to receive our country’s third highest civilian honour. I thank our honourable Prime Minister and the government for bestowing this honour. I have been singing for the last 35 years and will continuing serving my country.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The singer also expressed his delight at Rajinikanth being awarded the Padma Vibhushan. “He is the most deserving person worthy of the honour. He is one of the biggest superstars of our country. I have had the good fortune of singing for him in his film Sivaji and a few others,” said Udit Narayan.
Udit Narayan ended the conversation with us on a melodious note by crooning Mitwa from Lagaan.
Udit Narayan has also sung several songs in other languages including Nepali, Bhojpuri, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Garhwali, Sindhi among others.