Singer-actress Suchitra Krishnamoothi and director Shekhar Kapur’s daughter, Kaveri will soon launch her new single Did You Know.
Kaveri started her musical training in Hindustani classical music at the age of six and then trained in western classical vocals, piano and guitar. She recorded her first single at the age of 12.
“Making music is all I want to do. Though I started to sing when I was about six, I didn’t become passionate about it until I started writing and composing my own songs,” Kaveri said in a statement here.
- ‘Kali… At least I’m fairer than you’: This poem calls out society’s lack of acceptance of dark-skinned women
- A girl sat next to her FAVOURITE SINGER on a plane, and didn’t even know it; so he tweeted about it
- Shubha Mudgal: Music has its own way of speaking to people
- Kaveri Kapur also getting acting offers: Suchitra Krishnamoorthi
- SRK finds Shekhar Kapur’s daughter’s first single ‘awesome’
- Shekhar Kapur’s writer-composer daughter Kaveri moves him to tears of joy every time
A student of class IX, Kaveri says she never gets bored of writing and singing.
“I feel like music is the only thing that makes sense to me. My song writing is largely inspired by the situations and people around me. A lot of my songs talk about very exaggerated versions of personal experiences,” she said.
Bollywood trade analyst Taran Adarsh too shared this news on Twitter.
Shekhar Kapur and Suchitra Krishnamoorthi’s daughter Kaveri to launch her first song, penned and composed by her. pic.twitter.com/8opsrXafTO
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) June 21, 2016
Kaveri is grateful for the fact that her parents Suchitra and Shekhar have always encouraged her.
On future plans, Kaveri said she wants to pursue a higher formal education in music.
Royal College of Music, Guildhall or Berklee are some of the institutions she hopes to head out to in the near future.