Popular Bollywood singer Shaan says he is keen to compose a single as he feels the trend of original albums is redundant.
The singer, who sang numbers like “Bhool Ja” and “Tanha Dil” in his albums, feels the music scene has shifted from TV to online streaming.
“Albums are redundant today. Nobody buys CDs anymore. I might release a single… I am working on something currently. For singles too, you have to come up with something exciting, a proper music video.
“Because it is no more about TV today but the number of hits you get online. So I am planning something, but I just don’t want to do something which doesn’t work,” Shaan told PTI.
The 43-year-old singer, credited with popular songs like “Jab Se Tere Naina”, “Behti Hawa Sa Tha Woh” and “Koi Kahe Kehta Rahe”, believes in moving on with time and adapt to the latest technology.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I feel sad about albums being out of scene just the way I feel sad about letters not being used much. With time everything changes and one must accept that and move on with it. As long as the content is good, it isn’t a problem.”
Shaan is all set to don the hat of a radio jockey for the first time and host the show, “BIG Radio Reel”. Through the show, the singer will pay tribute to Bollywood artists on their birthdays by sharing facts and trivia about them.
The singer, who has also acted in movies, says he wanted to diversify and try different things.
“I really liked the concept of the show and radio was a territory I hadn’t explored as a medium. I am confident and excited to venture into it. Personally, I enjoyed all the trivia. It gave me an insight about the artists too, so I think that should be something interesting for the listeners as well.”
The show will air in 36 Hindi-speaking cities from 7-9 am on birthdays of celebrities.