Singer-actress Selena Gomez is happy with her figure despite coming under fire from Instagram users who claimed she had gained weight.
The “Come & Get It” hitmaker recently faced criticism from social media users, who speculated she had gained weight after she showed off her curvaceous figure in a series of revealing photographs from her holiday in Mexico on Instagram, reported In Style magazine.
However, according to her swimwear designer, Draya Michele, the 22-year-old star doesn’t care what her critics have to say and loves the way her body looks.
- Selena Gomez’s mother advised her not to work with Woody Allen
- Selena Gomez opens up on life-threatening situation before kidney transplant
- My life isn’t about Justin Bieber: Selena Gomez
- I am brave in bikini snapshot: Selena Gomez
- Selena Gomez seeks relationship advice from Katy Perry
- I am in the happiest phase of my life: Selena Gomez
Draya said, “I love how she didn’t let people being critical get to her. I love that she wanted to let people know that she’s happy with the size that she is, regardless of who thinks it’s fat or who thinks it’s skinny, she was happy with it.
“Knowing her and knowing the size that she is, she’s really not overweight at all.”
Gomez defended herself over the comments in a series of posts on the picture sharing site which have since been deleted.
“I am in the business and I could care less about what ‘they’ or you said I should look like. I don’t need to do anything other than love myself, take care of my work, fans, family and friends…And I do work out. It’s not your place to tell anyone what they should or should not do.”