Pop star Selena Gomez got teary-eyed while performing her new single ‘The Heart Wants What It Wants’ at the 2014 American Music Awards.
The 22-year-old ‘Come and Get It’ hitmaker emotionally delivered the lyrics of her song before a star-studded audience consisting of her best friend Taylor Swift, host Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez, among others, reported Us magazine.
The audio of Gomez’s teary, pre-recorded phone conversation, as previously heard in the music video of the single, played as Gomez closed her eyes in preparation for her solo. “When I was on stage and I was thinking of… I know him though, and I know that I know his heart, and I know what he wouldn’t do to hurt me,” she was heard saying in the audio.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Gomez’s performance was complete with raw hand emotions as she softly crooned lyrics like: “Hand over heart, I’m praying, that I’m gonna make it out alive.” The singer’s dramatic live performance also included equally emotional visuals thanks to a state-of-the-art screen behind her projecting a giant moon, lightning storm, a weeping woman, and wings.
As the performance ended, Gomez’s eyes welled up with tears and she began crying.