Singer Sam Smith is shutting down his Twitter account “for a while”, a day after he was forced to defend his Academy Awards speech.
The British star, who struck gold for his “Spectre” theme tune “Writing’s on the Wall”, took to the micro-blogging site to tell fans he was going offline, but insisted his absence wouldn’t be permanent.
“I’m logging off for a while,” he wrote, before making a James Bond quip.
“Some Martinis shaken not stirred are definitely in order.”
- Oscars 2018 Red Carpet: Who wore what?
- Sam Smith calls Oscar performance ‘worst moment’ of his life
- I feel sexy: Sam Smith at GQ Men Of The Year Awards 2015
- Sam Smith cancels more tour dates, heads to US for treatment
- Sam Smith flies to Paris for new album
- Grammys 2015: Beck’s ‘Morning Phase’ wins Album of the Year
His news comes just a day after he responded to critics who had blasted him for falsely assuming he was the first openly gay man to win an Oscar.