Singer Ronan Keating has announced he would be marrying fiancee Storm Uechtritz.
The Boyzone singer, who has been with Storm for three years, proposed not once but twice – first during a romantic holiday in Thailand and then in Ireland in front of his three children.
“I proposed twice and she said yes both times, thank God,” said Ronan, who helped design the engagement ring – an oval diamond set in a diamond-encrusted titanium band – for 34-year-old TV producer Storm.
- 2018 Golden Globe Awards: Winners Ronan, McDormand agree it’s a special night for women
- Ronan Keating was told he couldn’t sing
- Ronan Keating releasing first album in three years
- Ronan Keating to get married in Scotland
- Ronan Keating not returning to Australia’s ‘The X Factor’
- Ronan Keating wishes he enjoyed Boyzone more
“We’ve been together a few years now and knew we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. I felt it was the right time.”
Keating, 38, said the people the couple told about their decision were his three children from his previous marriage – Jack, now 16, Missy, 14 and nine-year-old Ali.
“Storm isn’t just marrying me. There are four of us involved. Storm has an amazing relationship with the kids, which is very important,” he said.
The second proposal took place on Ireland’s West coast with the children present. “We pulled out the ring again and she said yes. It was the most magical thing in the world.”