Singer Arijit Singh is relishing the tremendous love he is receiving from his fans for his romantic tracks, but says the offers he receives are not in his hands, and he did not plan his career in any way.
Asked about the ‘romantic singer’ tag that has been associated with him, Arijit said: “I haven’t planned my career in this way. I’m just happy with whatever songs that are coming my way.”
- Arijit Singh never sang for Welcome To New York: Producer Vashu Bhagnani
- Salman Khan gets Arijit Singh’s song replaced in Welcome to New York?
- Arijit Singh: I struggled a lot to make my place in the industry
- Arijit Singh on Binte Dil from Padmaavat: Sanjay Leela Bhansali is very particular about even a minute sound detailing
- Watch: This video of Arijit Singh losing his calm mid-performance has gone viral
- Top Bollywood songs of 2017: Dil Diyan Gallan, Ban Ja Rani, Humsafar find place on the list
“I don’t care about the fact that doing just one type of song is hampering my growth. I don’t calculate these aspects,” Arijit said at a media interaction to promote his upcoming Symphony concert in Mumbai, his third after one each in Dubai and London.
“The first one was in Dubai where I was completely lost. The audience liked it but I was not satisfied as I couldn’t hear myself. With more preparations, the London concert was better than Dubai and I think the Mumbai show will be better than London.”
Arijit launched himself on the big stage with romantic song “Phir Mohabbat” in “Murder 2” and went on to sing several other romantic songs like “Tum Hi Ho” and “Mast Magan”.
He is currently basking in the success of his emotional song “Chunar” from “Any Body Can Dance 2” and the romantic title track of “Hamari Adhuri Kahani”.