The Rolling Stones have cancelled their planned concert in the Australian city of Perth after the death of the fashion designer L’Wren Scott, the longtime girlfriend of frontman Mick Jagger, the band’s promoters said on Tuesday.
The band had been due to kick off the six concert Australia and New Zealand leg of their world tour on Wednesday but Frontier Touring said the concert would not be going ahead following the apparent suicide of Scott at her Manhattan apartment on Monday.
“No further information is available at this time, ticket holders are asked to hold on to their tickets until a further update is available,” Frontier Touring said on its Facebook page. (Read: Mick Jagger’s past wives and girlfriends)
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
Jagger and bandmates Ronnie Wood, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts landed in Perth on Monday in their private jet, emblazoned with the famous tongue and lips logo.
A spokeswoman for the Perth Airport said the aircraft remained on the tarmac.