Formed in 1996 by the students of University of Pennsylvania, Penn Masala is the world’s first Hindi acapella group. Their music has been influenced by the Eastern and Western cultures that represent the group’s membership.
The group has created a buzz on the Web with their latest video, titled ‘Evolution of Bollywood Music’ – featuring a mash-up of Bollywood favourites.
Penn Masala has covered songs right from Mohammed Rafi’s ‘Suhani Raat Dhal Chuki’ to ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ song, ‘Badmateez Dil’.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The video also includes other popular Bollywood numbers like ‘Mera Joota Hai Japani’, ‘Ina Mina Dika’, ‘Bachna Ae Hassene’, ‘Pehla Nasha’ and ‘Chaiyya Chaiyya’ among others.
Apt costumes and lighting is also used to represent the different eras in Bollywood during the performance.
Penn Masala has released nine albums till date and performs at numerous universities and events around the globe.
Incidentally, high acapella numbers by Alaa Wardi, a Saudi-born Iranian musician are a big rage on YouTube with over a million views. Wardi has become so popular that he has toured India more than once.