Singer Cody Simpson revealed that his relationship with model Gigi Hadid was “scary” because it became “celebrity-oriented”.
Simpson, 18, who split from the 20-year-old fashionista in May after two years of dating says it was tough conducting a relationship under the public scrutiny, reported Cosmopolitan.
“It was getting so celebrity-oriented that it was kind of scary. But I’ll always have the craziest respect for her,” he said.
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik confirm breakup
- Gigi Hadid’s Twitter thread lashing out against body shamers is a much-needed emotional roller-coaster
- Cody Simpson happy for Gigi Hadid, Zayn Malik
- Cody Simpson’s sister wants him, Gigi Hadid to reconcile
- Cody Simpson can finally be himself after split
- Gigi Hadid, Cody Simpson still hang out
The “Pretty Brown Eyes” says he is currently enjoying his singlehood as he can afford to focus on himself.
“Even if you absolutely adore someone, it doesn’t mean they’re right for you at that time in your life. Being single is amazing for me right now. I can focus on peeling back the layers and self-growth.”