Authorities say rapper Young Thug has been jailed outside Atlanta on a charge of making terroristic threats.
U.S. marshals arrested the 23-year-old rapper, whose real name is Jeffery Lamar Williams, Wednesday morning on a warrant by Dunwoody police. Jim Joyner of the U.S. Marshals Southeast Regional Fugitive Task Force says Williams was apprehended without incident at a home in Sandy Springs and was taken to the DeKalb County jail.
- Rapper held on unrelated charges after Little Rock shooting
- Assault charges involving family dropped against boxer Paul Spadafora
- US: Los Angeles man arrested in Islamic center threats had guns, ammo
- Rapper Scarface arrested after BET Hip Hop awards
- Young Jeezy arrested on weapon charge
- Osamas name flows in our blood: Ex-rapper
A warrant says Williams, known for his 2013 single “Stoner,” was arrested after threatening to shoot a security guard at Perimeter Mall in the face after he was told to leave the building.
It was not immediately known if Williams had an attorney. Online jail records had no information on Williams’ arrest.