Imagine listening and dancing to music while camping inside old heritage forts once the official residences of the great Maratha Kings of Maharashtra! That’s exactly what Future Theory Festival offered for all alternative electronic music aficionados in Pune last weekend.
Held inside the scenic Jadhavgadh fort in Pune, the two-day event saw the who’s who of the electronic music space arriving to belt out their hits from afternoon to night. The festival which saw a huge turnout including large number of foreigners was curated with treks, nature trails and public art installation during the daytime.
Kickstarting the event was Troy Pierce, one of the first few members of the legendary Richie Hawtin’s ‘Minus’ imprint, M.A.N.D.Y, German enigmatic deep house duo.
Making their Indian debuts were international artistes the eponymous Croatian techno producer Petar Dundov and Italian electronic music veteran Alexander Robotnick. This standout feature of the music fest was the revival of vinyls, with four DJs exclusively playing vinyl sets.
Among the hordes of music fans, we spotted actor Siddharth of Rang De Basanti fame have a great time with his friends. Also spotted were a few television actors. All in all, the two day weekend affair gave everyone the time and reason to let their hair down with glee.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016