Actress-singer Priyanka Chopra has been announced winner of 2015 MTV EMAs Best India Act after beating Monica Dogra, Indus Creed, The Ska Vengers and Your Chin.
The “Quantico” star is now pitted against Best Africa Act Diamond Platinumz in the Best Worldwide Act: Africa/India Act category.
“All the nominees in the Best India Act category were highly accomplished and well-deserving, however, we are elated to announce Priyanka Chopra as the winner of this category.
- Priyanka Chopra misses her doctorate felicitation ceremony in Bareilly, says she is 'heartbroken'
- Was offered Rakesh Sharma biopic when Aamir Khan was part of it: Priyanka Chopra
- Priyanka Chopra bags the title of the Sexiest Asian Woman; here's a look at her best fashion moments of 2017
- Priyanka Chopra, Salman Khan, and KJo among 12 Indians in Variety’s list of 500 influential people in entertainment
- Priyanka Chopra's Thanksgiving weekend was all about 'foodcoma', see photos
- Priyanka Chopra, Monica Dogra to compete at 2015 Europe Music Awards
“Priyanka Chopra today has a huge fan base both, national and international. Her road to success and fame has been filled with numerous milestones and we are proud that she haswon this category at the Europe Music Awards 2015, now let’s help her get the Worldwide Act trophy home. Let’s get Voting,” said Ferzad Palia, EVP and Head, English Entertainment Channel, Viacom18.
Priyanka, 33, released her first single “In My City” in 2012, which sold more than 130,000 copies in its first week, topped the Hindi pop chart and was certified triple platinum.
The song was also the theme of NFL’s Sunday night football in 2012-13 seasons. The singer received three nominations – Best Female Artist, Best Song and Best Video – for “In My City” at the World Music Awards in 2012.
MTV EMAs, hosted by Ed Sheeran and Ruby Rose, winners will be announced on October 25, during an event in Milan.