Grammy-winning singer Pharrell Williams will perform at the 2015 MTV EMAs.
The “Happy” hitmaker is the first act to be confirmed for the annual European Music Awards, which will be broadcast live from the Mediolanum Forum in Milan, Italy, on October 25, said the Hollywood Reporter.
The 42-year-old star is expected to perform his latest single “Freedom” at the event, after it was nominated for Best Video and he was shortlisted for Best Male.
Ed Sheeran and “Orange is the New Black” actress Ruby Rose will take on hosting duties for the evening, where a variety of other acts will also perform.
- After being slammed by Pink, Katy Perry and Lorde, Grammys President apologises for ‘step up’ comment
- Grammy Awards 2018: Bruno Mars takes home six awards, Kendrick Lamar bags five honours
- Jay-Z leads Grammy noms with 8 as rap, rhythm and blues takes center stage
- Justin Bieber wins five MTV EMAs
- Gwen Stefani, Pharrell Williams to perform on ‘The Voice’
- Pharrell Williams to release digital book
Taylor Swift is set to be the big winner on the evening having been nominated for a whopping nine awards including Best Pop, Best Live Act, Best Female and Best Song for “Bad Blood”.
And Justin Bieber will also be hoping to win big as he’s shortlisted for Best Male and Best Pop as well as four others.
The 2014 event, hosted by Nicki Minaj, was held in Glasgow, Scotland, and featured performances from Ariana Grande, Alicia Keys, Charli XCX, U2, Royal Blood and Slash amongst others.
Voting for all award categories is open on mtvema.com until October 24.