Singer Paul McCartney helped a 64-year-old man propose to his girlfriend at his comeback concert.
The 72-year-old rocker returned to the stage on Saturday after cancelling part of his ‘Out There’ tour in May due to a viral infection but he was more than happy to share the spotlight with John Dann, who popped the question to his girlfriend at the gig in Albany, New York, reported E! online.
McCartney invited John onstage and allowed him to sing part of The Beatles’ 1967 song ‘When I’m Sixty-Four’ in front of the 13,000-strong crowd. The fan then proposed to his girlfriend Claudia Rodgers, who happily accepted.
It seems the couple caught McCartney’s attention with their humorous signs as they were both spotted holding up pieces of card reading, ‘He won’t marry me ’til he meets you’ and ‘I have the ring and I’m 64’.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016