Famous Pakistani ghazal singer Ghulam Ali is scheduled to perform during a cultural event, organised by a trust run by religious leader Morari Bapu in Bhavnagar district from March 19 to 22.
The 75-year-old ghazal maestro will perform on any one day during the four-day event at Talgajarda village of Mahuva taluka, about 175km from here, a close aide of Morari Bapu said today.
Besides, Ali and nine other famous personalities associated with various arts will be presented awards by Shree Chitrakutdham Trust, run by Bapu, at Talgajarda village, said his close aide and event organiser Harishchandra Joshi.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Ali along with five others will be given ‘Hanumant Award’ on the concluding day of the event (March 22). Ali will perform once during the four-day event. He had performed here in the past also,” said Joshi.
Four other recipients of Hanumant Award, being given for the last 10 years, include classical dancer and Lok Sabha MP Hema Malini and famous sitarist Debu Chaudhary, added Joshi.
“Film actor Dharmendra along with three other artists will be given ‘Natraj Award’ for their contribution in their chosen field, while Vadodara-based sculpture-maker Nagji Patel will be honoured with ‘Kailash Lalit Kala Award’ on March 22,” said Joshi.
Late last year, Ali was forced to cancel his shows in in Mumbai and Pune due to opposition from Shiv Sena, which is part of the BJP-led governments in Maharashtra and at the Centre.