Famous Pakistani ghazal singer Ghulam Ali is scheduled to perform during a cultural event, organised by a trust run by religious leader Morari Bapu in Bhavnagar district from March 19 to 22.
The 75-year-old ghazal maestro will perform on any one day during the four-day event at Talgajarda village of Mahuva taluka, about 175km from here, a close aide of Morari Bapu said today.
Besides, Ali and nine other famous personalities associated with various arts will be presented awards by Shree Chitrakutdham Trust, run by Bapu, at Talgajarda village, said his close aide and event organiser Harishchandra Joshi.
“Ali along with five others will be given ‘Hanumant Award’ on the concluding day of the event (March 22). Ali will perform once during the four-day event. He had performed here in the past also,” said Joshi.
Four other recipients of Hanumant Award, being given for the last 10 years, include classical dancer and Lok Sabha MP Hema Malini and famous sitarist Debu Chaudhary, added Joshi.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
“Film actor Dharmendra along with three other artists will be given ‘Natraj Award’ for their contribution in their chosen field, while Vadodara-based sculpture-maker Nagji Patel will be honoured with ‘Kailash Lalit Kala Award’ on March 22,” said Joshi.
Late last year, Ali was forced to cancel his shows in in Mumbai and Pune due to opposition from Shiv Sena, which is part of the BJP-led governments in Maharashtra and at the Centre.