Rapper Nicki Minaj is the latest performer announced for the 15th annual BET Awards to be held on June 28.
Minaj has bagged six nominations, including best female hip-hop artist and video of the year. The 32-year-old singer and Chris Brown are the lead nominees. Brown is the only other artist to receive six nods at this year’s show, reported Billboard.
- Nicki Minaj calls out Miley Cyrus at VMA
- Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj in Twitter spat over rapper’s MTV VMAs snub
- Nicki Minaj to host MTV Europe Music Awards
- Jennifer Lopez,Chris Brown to perform at Billboard Awards
- The influential leader of hip-hop
- BET Awards: Prince receives lifetime achievement award
Other performers lined up for the upcoming BET Awards are Kendrick Lamar and Brown. More acts will be announced in the days leading up to the event.
The ceremony will be hosted by Tracee Ellis Ross and Anthony Anderson.