Singer Neil Young and wife Pegi have reportedly filed for divorce, after 36 years of marriage. Neil, 68, filed the divorce petition in July and a hearing is set for the end of this year, reported Rolling Stone.
Pegi, 61, who herself is a singer, is said to have inspired many of Neil’s songs including ‘Such A Woman’,
‘Unknown Legend’ and ‘Once An Angel’.
Their meeting in a California dinner was apparently immortalised by Neil in ‘Unknown Legend’ in which he sings ‘I used to order just to watch her float across the floor’. She has also acted as his backing singer on numerous occasions, beginning in the early 1990s.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The couple has son Ben, who is diagnosed with cerebral palsy and daughter Amber Jean, who like Neil suffers from epilepsy.
The two also formed a charitable organisation, The Bridge School, to help children with severe physical impairments. They have worked together to raise money for The Bridge School and performed last October at a charity benefit.
They were supposed to be appearing together at another charity event, Farm Aid in North Carolina in September but Pegi’s name has recently disappeared from the line-up.