Singer Demi Lovato has revealed that her grandfather was gay. The ‘Neon Lights’ hitmaker, who is a supporter of LGBT community, shared the news when she attended Logo TV’s Trailblazers in New York City on June 23, reported Ace Showbiz.
“I’ve never spoken about this before, but my grandfather was a trailblazer himself,” she said before presenting an award to ‘Orange Is the New Black’.
“He was brave enough to come out in the 1960s, and I feel that a lot of my spirit has come from him. He passed away a few years later and I only wish he could have been able to see all the progress that has been made. It’s such an honor to be welcomed and embraced by the LGBT community, so thank you very
much,” she said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Other stars who were also present at the event honouring supporters of LGBT rights included Adam Levine, Nate Ruess, Daniel Radcliffe, Joe Manganiello, Lance Bass and Pete Wentz.