In a fitting tribute to legendary musician K Raghavan Master, on the occasion of his birth centenary celebrations, an exquisite musical treat will be organised here on February 22. The programme, ‘Manja nippoonilavu’, will be jointly organised by the National Institute of Technology Calicut Alumni Association (NITCAA) Cochin Chapter and the Kerala Fine Arts Society, under the aegis of music director and lyricist Suresh Manimala.
“Raghavan master was one of the most respected figures of Malayalam’s music industry who mesmerised the audiences with his style of carefully blending the rhythms of traditional folklore to create one of his own”, said Suresh Manimala, who recently composed music for feature film ‘Pattinte Palazhi’.
Ace singer Hariharan bagged the Kerala State Award for the best male playback for ‘Pattinte Palazhi’.
Suresh Manimala has also penned a book on the life and achievements of Raghavan, which was published by the Kerala Chalachitra Academy. Incidentally, this was the first book to be published on the legendary musician.
Popular playback singers Madhu Balakrishnan, Kallara Gopan, Chithra Arun, Reena Murali and Junior Mehaboob will feature in this programme along with Suresh Manimala.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Film actors Manoj K Jayan and Siddique also are chipping in with their favourite songs of Raghavan.
“The event will be a nostalgic journey through film songs composed by Raghavan Master since 1954, when his score for landmark movie ‘Neelakkuyil’ set the template for Malayalam film music,” said Suresh Manimala.
The performance will be interlaced with nostalgic narrations and excerpts from the golden era of Malayalam film music, covering illustrious directors, lyricists, playback singers and popular movies. The programme will be supported by 16-piece orchestra managed by big names in the industry such as Berny (Berny-Ignatius fame), P R Murali and Jerson Antony, who had worked with Raghavan.