Bollywood playback singer Shruti Pathak, best known as the voice behind songs like ‘Mar Jawaan’ (Fashion), ‘Subharambh’ (Kai Po Che), ‘Tooh’ (Gori Tere Pyaar Mein), among others, has taken a new step to promote her band Guzzler. The award winning singer has now turned a Radio Jockey for Fever 104 FM.
In 2013, Shruti Pathank launched a band called ‘Guzzler’. She has been on tours all over the country promoting it and now she has taken one step ahead as she launched ‘Guzzler’ as a radio show on the radio channel. The first show was aired on Sunday (July 6).
In an exclusive interview with The Indian Express, Shruti Pathak talked about what ‘Guzzler’ is all about, and the radio initiative.
Where many chose to promote band via live shows and tours, we asked how she came about to choose radio as a medium to promote the band, the 31-year-old singer said: “Radio is the best way to reach out to your audience. And a friend of mine actually suggested I should take ‘Guzzler’ to radio. I approached Fever 104 FM and they made it happen so very well and so quickly.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Talking about the show, Shruti revealed that ‘Guzzle’ is a weekly chat show aired every Sunday from 9 – 10pm. “There will be a new guest singer/musician/poet, every week. Where we’ll be chatting and jamming over ghazals,” Shruti added.
Shruti Pathak thinks radio is an ‘absolutely’ good platform for promotions of artist. “Radio is all about music,” the enthused singer said.
The music of Guzzler is by and large a blend of ghazals and contemporary music. Talking about this unique blend, Shruti Pathak said: “I grew up listening to ghazals. Its lyrical content has always inspired me and I always wanted to do something special with this form. Hence, I formed the band where it’s about ghazals with a contemporary sound. Not specifically, just jazz. Each and every ghazal I perform has a different touch.”
Talking about the journey of ‘Guzzler’ so far Shruti said that the band has been ‘very well received’. “I’m enjoying every bit of it. Be it performing live or now RJ-ing or the Singles, I’m going to put out soon. I love my life even more thanks to Guzzler.”
Shruti also said that along with the radio show, she is also working on some original compositions. Shruti concluded, “I think true talent and hard work never gets unnoticed. Sooner or later, it always gets its due.”
Shruti Pathak has sung with popular music composers like Pritam, Salim Suleman, Vishal and Shekhar and others.