Composer Mithoon says the soundtrack of superstar Ajay Devgn-starrer “Shivaay” is different from the subtlety and understated nature of music he is known for.
The space of “Shivaay”, a high octane action drama, based on the life of Lord Shiva, is something new and unchartered for Mithoon and the music director is excited and anxious about listeners’ response.
“I am known for subtlety in my music, there is a lot of introspection. The character Ajay is playing is someone who is not necessarily subtle. He has passion for life and whatever he does he does that with full zest. So, the music is also like that. We have shown the character’s madness,” Mithoon told PTI.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Creating music for the film was definitely challenging but interesting at the same time. I had to shift from my usual way. It is shaping up well and now I await people’s reaction to it.”
The composer said the film’s music brings alive human elements of Lord Shiv, exactly what the movie aims at showing.
“The music is universal as we have tried glorifying Lord Shiv’s human characteristics like his courage, determination, passion… So it goes beyond a specific culture.”
Ajay, who returns to direction with the movie after his 2008 film “U Me Aur Hum”, is set to sing “Shivaay” title track, which will be recorded once the actor returns from Bulgaria where he is currently shooting.
“Ajay is very passionate about ‘Shivaay’. He had told me, ‘Mithoon you do whatever you want to. I will get everything. You are free to take the call.’ So, when I told him I need his voice for the title song, he was on board immediately. There was no inhibition. The song will have other artistes too but I felt Ajay’s voice is important.”
The music director said he cannot rate Ajay’s singing skills yet finds the texture of his voice “really nice.”
“He has an ear for good music. I can’t say right now how good a singer he is. But I feel his grainy voice will suit the song. I really like the texture of his voice.”
“Shivaay”, also starring newcomer Sayesha Saigal in the lead role, will hit theatres this Diwali on October 28.