Mitch Winehouse, who lost his singer-daughter Amy to alcohol poisoning in 2011, says he still feels her presence around him.
Mitch Winehouse said he can still sense Amy is close by and hears her words of encouragement whenever he takes to the stage, reported Contactmusic. “She’s standing next to me, every time I go out on that stage. She’s there all right, I feel her, sense her. She’s in here now saying, ‘Just get on with it, Dad’. I’m always speaking to her, all day, every day,” he said.
Although Mitch says life is still difficult without the 27-year-old ‘Back To Black’ hitmaker, he believes establishing his charity, the Amy Winehouse Foundation, which trains recovering addicts to go into schools and speak of their experiences, has made him a better man.
“Before she passed I wasn’t very industrious but now I’m a different person. It changed my life. After Amy died, I wanted to do something that mattered, which is how the Amy Winehouse Foundation came about. Who would have thought that three years on we would have achieved so much? I know Amy is very proud. She would not have wanted us to wallow in grief,” Mitch said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More