Mitch Winehouse, who lost his singer-daughter Amy to alcohol poisoning in 2011, says he still feels her presence around him.
Mitch Winehouse said he can still sense Amy is close by and hears her words of encouragement whenever he takes to the stage, reported Contactmusic. “She’s standing next to me, every time I go out on that stage. She’s there all right, I feel her, sense her. She’s in here now saying, ‘Just get on with it, Dad’. I’m always speaking to her, all day, every day,” he said.
Although Mitch says life is still difficult without the 27-year-old ‘Back To Black’ hitmaker, he believes establishing his charity, the Amy Winehouse Foundation, which trains recovering addicts to go into schools and speak of their experiences, has made him a better man.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“Before she passed I wasn’t very industrious but now I’m a different person. It changed my life. After Amy died, I wanted to do something that mattered, which is how the Amy Winehouse Foundation came about. Who would have thought that three years on we would have achieved so much? I know Amy is very proud. She would not have wanted us to wallow in grief,” Mitch said.