Hip hop artists Macklemore and Ryan Lewis have officially made it to the Diamond club with their hit “Thrift Shop”.
The duo have joined the likes of Eminem, Justin Bieber and Katy Perry with the Diamond-selling hit.
They are only the first hip-hop artist to achieve the feat since Eminem did it with his “Not Afraid” and the Rihanna-assisted “Love the Way You Lie,” reported Aceshowbiz.
- EXCLUSIVE: No one other than Ranveer Singh can do Gully Boy, says rapper Divine
- Jay-Z leads Grammy noms with 8 as rap, rhythm and blues takes center stage
- Snoop Dogg blasts Grammys for lack of support for hip-hop
- Grammys 2014: Daft Punk, Pharrell dominate with 4 wins
- Grammys 2014: Winners list
- Beatles come together at Grammys, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis lead wins
“Thrift Shop” is the part of their 2012 debut album “The Heist”.
The track and the album earned a total of four trophies at the 2014 Grammy Awards, including Best Rap Performance, Best Rap song and Best Rap Album.