The Nightingale of India Lata Mangeshkar along with Amitabh Bachchan were among the distinguished members of the Indian film industry to be invited to the Prime Minister designate Narendra Modi’s swearing-in ceremony on Monday in Delhi.
A member of the Mangeshkar family said, “Lata Didi is overjoyed at Modiji’s victory. It is in many ways the triumph of the common man, and Didi fully identifies with the saga of a soul from the soil reaching the highest pinnacle of success. In a way it reminds her of her own journey. She’d have loved to attend the swearing-in. But she was a little under-the-weather. To travel to Delhi’s heat and then sit in the open air for the ceremony would have been strenuous for her.”
Apparently Narendra Modi, a diehard fan of Lata Mangeshkar, has most graciously accepted her ‘RSVP’ on condition that she visit Gujarat as his personal guest at her earliest.
When contacted Lata Mangeshkar was supremely appreciative of Narendra Modi’s triumph. “I am proud to say I supported his leadership qualities. Full credit goes to the aam junta of India, the common man for bringing this amazing change of governance in the country. Now it’s up to Modiji’s government to deliver. The country has voted for change. Now let’s see what happens.”
Incidentally sources close to Lata Mangeskar say Modi was keen that she contest the Lok Sabha elections from Gujarat.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Lata Mangeshkar neither denies nor confirms this rumour. She does admit that there was some persuasion for her to contest the elections. “But I had absolutely no interest in politics. I am just happy that the country has voted for change.”