The Nightingale of India Lata Mangeshkar along with Amitabh Bachchan were among the distinguished members of the Indian film industry to be invited to the Prime Minister designate Narendra Modi’s swearing-in ceremony on Monday in Delhi.
A member of the Mangeshkar family said, “Lata Didi is overjoyed at Modiji’s victory. It is in many ways the triumph of the common man, and Didi fully identifies with the saga of a soul from the soil reaching the highest pinnacle of success. In a way it reminds her of her own journey. She’d have loved to attend the swearing-in. But she was a little under-the-weather. To travel to Delhi’s heat and then sit in the open air for the ceremony would have been strenuous for her.”
Apparently Narendra Modi, a diehard fan of Lata Mangeshkar, has most graciously accepted her ‘RSVP’ on condition that she visit Gujarat as his personal guest at her earliest.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
When contacted Lata Mangeshkar was supremely appreciative of Narendra Modi’s triumph. “I am proud to say I supported his leadership qualities. Full credit goes to the aam junta of India, the common man for bringing this amazing change of governance in the country. Now it’s up to Modiji’s government to deliver. The country has voted for change. Now let’s see what happens.”
Incidentally sources close to Lata Mangeskar say Modi was keen that she contest the Lok Sabha elections from Gujarat.
Lata Mangeshkar neither denies nor confirms this rumour. She does admit that there was some persuasion for her to contest the elections. “But I had absolutely no interest in politics. I am just happy that the country has voted for change.”