One of the greatest singers of Indian cinema Kishore Kumar features on today’s Google Doodle as the search engine celebrate the legend’s 85th birth anniversary. The Google doodle has a smiling face of the legendary singer.
The doodle pays tribute to the versatility of the multi-faceted talent, who was a successful singer, writer, producer and actor.
His son Amit Kumar, who is also a singer, is happy with Google doodle’s gesture. “Fabulous…What a great gesture from Google, surely this proves that ‘He is a man for all seasons’,” he said.
Kishore Kumar donned many hats during his illustrious career as playback singer, lyricist, actor, producer, director, composer and scriptwriter. Though born in a Bengali family, Kishore Kumar dolled out tunes in a number of languages including Bengali, Hindi, Marathi, Assamese, Kannada, Bhojpuri, Gujarati, Malayalam, Urdu and Oriya.
Kishore Kumar began his career by working as a chorus singer at Bombay Talkies. He made his first onscreen appearance in ‘Shikari’, his brother’s film.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
He was offered a number of opportunities but he was not very interested in an acting career. He played the lead role in ‘Andolan’. Bimal Roy’s ‘Naukri’, ‘Musafir’, ‘New Delhi,’ ‘Aasha,’ ‘Padosan’ were some of his other films.
It was music director S.D. Burman that spotted Kishore’s talent for singing. The duo recorded together for a number of films – ‘Munimji,’ ‘Taxi Driver’, ‘House No. 44,’ ‘Funtoosh,’ ‘Jewel Thief’ and ‘Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi.’
R.D. Burman also recorded several songs with Kishore Kumar including ‘O Maajhi Re’, ‘Yeh Shaam Mastaani’, ‘Yeh Jo Mohabbat Hai’, ‘Rat Kali Ek Khwab Aayi’, ‘Humein Tum Se Pyaar Kitna’ and ‘Mere Naina Saawan Bhadon’.
Kishore Kumar, who is known for his versatility, sang a number of duets with Asha Bhosle and Lata Mangeshkar including ‘Panna Ki Tamanna’, ‘Neend Chura Ke Raaton Mein’, ‘Kya Yehi Pyaar Hai’, ‘Jaane Ja Dhoondta’ and ‘Kharoshoo’.
From a young age, Kishore Kumar was a huge fan of singer-actor K L Saigal and tried to emulate his style of singing. But later, music director S D Burman advised him to find his own style which he later developed.
He died Oct 13, 1987 in Mumbai and was cremated in Khandwa, his birthplace. (With IANS inputs)