Katy Perry always celebrates her birthday partying out with friends, but this year the singer has decided to keep it low key and will attend Iowa campaigning for presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.
The singer, who will be turning 31 on October 25, has opted for a week-long celebration with more than 70 friends in Marrakech, Morocco last year, said The Hollywood Reporter.
“I’ve always done big parties, and I always love a themed birthday. But I went so crazy last year, it’s time to tone it down and not make it so much about me,” Perry said.
- Hillary Clinton signs books in New Hampshire, demurs on voter fraud
- Ellen DeGeneres gets slammed for 'sexist' birthday wish to Katy Perry
- Pink on Taylor Swift and Katy Perry feud: I should have just kept my mouth shut
- Singer Katy Perry and Hollywood star Orlando Bloom get cosy at an event. Are they back together?
- Katy Perry rules Twitter, becomes first to have 100 million followers
- Katy Perry is planning divorce party
The “I Kissed a Girl” hitmaker will attend the Democratic Party’s Jefferson-Jackson Dinner in Des Moines, Iowa, for the presidential candidate on her birthday.