Singer Katherine Jenkins has recorded a new version of ‘We’ll Meet Again’ with veteran crooner Vera Lynn. The duet comes more than 75 years after the song was first released. Jenkins’ new vocals were recorded and added to the original song, reported Daily Mirror.
The new recording will be released to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the D-Day Landings. It will also be performed at the ‘D-Day 70 Years On’ concert at the Royal Albert Hall on June 6.
“It is wonderful that this particular song became the one people most associated with the war era. It makes me proud and honoured to know that ‘We’ll Meet Again’ is still so popular over seven decades after it was first recorded,” Lynn said of the record.
“Duetting with Katherine Jenkins, is just perfect for the occasion.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest