Singer Katherine Jenkins has recorded a new version of ‘We’ll Meet Again’ with veteran crooner Vera Lynn. The duet comes more than 75 years after the song was first released. Jenkins’ new vocals were recorded and added to the original song, reported Daily Mirror.
The new recording will be released to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the D-Day Landings. It will also be performed at the ‘D-Day 70 Years On’ concert at the Royal Albert Hall on June 6.
“It is wonderful that this particular song became the one people most associated with the war era. It makes me proud and honoured to know that ‘We’ll Meet Again’ is still so popular over seven decades after it was first recorded,” Lynn said of the record.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Duetting with Katherine Jenkins, is just perfect for the occasion.”